Are you looking for a recipe for the authentic carbonara? Follow our step-by-step guide to prepare the perfect dish for any occasion. With simple ingredients like spaghetti, pancetta or guanciale, eggs, Pecorino Romano cheese, salt and black pepper, you can create a delicious and creamy pasta carbonara that is sure to impress your guests.
Try our recipe and enjoy the taste of Italy directly in your kitchen!
Here is the recipe Italian classic for the carbonara:
- 400g of spaghetti;
- 200g of bacon or bacon;
- 4 eggs;
- 100g of grated Pecorino Romano cheese;
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Start by cooking the spaghetti in salted water until it reaches the right al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, cut the pancetta or guanciale into small cubes and cook it in a pan over medium-high heat until crispy.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs together with the grated Pecorino Romano cheese and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan with the pancetta or guanciale and mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly pour the egg and cheese mixture over the spaghetti, stirring quickly to keep the eggs from setting.
- Add a little of the saved cooking water if needed to create a creamy texture.
- Serve your pasta carbonara hot with a sprinkling of grated Pecorino Romano cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
Enjoy your carbonara!